Saturday, July 7, 2007

Honey do list




To any of the men that might be reading this post, you already know of what I am going to speak. There is list that is composed shortly after marriage, or maybe it starts after the engagement. This list is the "honey-do list". I am not saying the list is a bad thing, but it is a weight on the man's shoulders. Some guys lists might be longer than others, but mine is manageable. One of the bigger things I checked off my list was basement shelves for all our moving boxes, and other things. I seized my opportunity to complete my task when my lovely wife ( and little girl ) went on an economic conference for work in Richmond Va. a few weeks ago. I had a week. The first day, Monday, was hot and draining at work. I got home and crashed. The next 2 evenings were spent at my parents, and my in-laws eating supper. Thanks for the awesome grub! So, that brought me to Thursday. I purchased the material, and proceeded to pour out massive amounts of testosterone. I was drilling in the cement walls, cutting wood, sweating, and lifting. I would start after work, 3:30p, and work until 9-10p with supper at 10:30ish. I did this Thur-Fri, and all day Sat. I finish it before my wife, who I missed terribly, came home at 8p on Sat. She loved the shelves, and understood why it took a bit to complete. I did surprise her with a magnetic-type picture frame thing also. Our friends Brenda and Bradi had these frames at their houses, and they had them made, and Jeanne loved them. So, I did earn a bit of a reprieve from the list, but soon the list will come up, and more tasks will need to be completed. But for now, I will enjoy the time off.

4 comments:

Brenda said...

Those shelves (and magnetic board) are awesome. Good job Mr. Craig. Your handy-work is gaining global appreciation!

Bradi said...

craig you rock.
nice job on the magnetic board!!

Jenn said...

We are honored to see our picture on the magnificent magnetic board! We know we are loved. We love the Smiths too!

Jagers

Jenny said...

WOW! Excellent job!