Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Thank you


The past couple of days I had some thoughts rolling around in my head, and I just thought I would put them on the blog. This past weekend the Grand Rapids Police lost an officer in the line of duty. He was a young man with a little daughter. I didn't know this man, but I do know some people in jobs that potentially put themselves in harms way. I felt like I have been taking them, and their jobs for granted. They are people that are willing to do whatever it takes to keep every person safe. My brother-in-law, and good friend from school are police officers. There is always the jokes about doughnut shops, and hassling people for no reason but to just hassle people. Then you realize that when called, these men and women are called to protect us citizens, that they are willing to give up their lives for you. I am not limiting this post to just police, I feel the same for firefighters, EMT's, first responders, and of course our military. We owe all these people our thanks, and more!!! In the next few days, whenever you see a police car, fire truck, ambulance, or see news about our military, lift them up in prayer, all the men and women who swore an oath to protect us, whatever the cost. Thanks to all of you!!

3 comments:

Jenny said...

Thank you for writing this.

Brenda said...

ditto!

Anonymous said...

i agree....
so, thanks dad.