Tuesday, June 19, 2007

What have I done!?


For those of you that don't know, I (Craig) own a motorcycle. It is not just any bike, it is a 2000 Harley Roadglide. It is sweeeeeet! There have been rumors that I might sell the bike. Now these rumors are not the product of my lovely wife, Jeanne, but from me. I was doing some soul searching this past winter/spring on how much I really was going to ride the bike once our bundle of joy comes. Riding is more fun with your spouse anyway. I know, I have been told you can get side cars for the squirt, but c'mon, really. So this spring, I decided I should sell the bike. This now leads me to the heart of my post. Today I went to my in-laws for supper. (Jeanne is in Richmond VA. for a conference for work). So, since the weather is tight, I thought I would roll out on the HOG and go to the in-laws to eat, and then a quick ride home. If you know anything about biking, or know someone that does, there are no quick rides. I was out for the better part of 2 hrs. As I am riding , I was wondering how hard it would be to put a sidecar on this thing. It is easy to say you will sell a bike in the winter, or when the weather sux in Michigan, but when you have a day like today, with the sun, cool air on your face, and the sound of a 1550 cc machine underneath you, it's a bit harder to let go. So why did I torchure myself tonight? Maybe it wasn't torchure, but just a nice night for a ride. Lvie to ride- Ride to Live. Geezerglide.

2 comments:

Bradi said...

SIDECAR! SIDECAR! =)

Marc said...

I'd keep the bike. But only because you'd look pretty stupid in leather chaps without it.

No, really, keep the bike.