Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Summer Jeanne


I don't know how many of our readers out there are married to teachers, but there are two distinct persons that you live with. The one that you know in the fall is, well, focused. School is a very big part of their life for the next 9 months. Then, just before spring break, the teacher has summer break in the cross-hairs. After a lot of loose ends that are tied up for the last day, you can see the "summer" personality come out. It is a re-birth. The summer is like a release for the teacher. They are able to help out again. Housework is fun, laundry is almost a spiritual experience. I love my summer Jeanne. Don't get me wrong, fall Jeanne is awesome too, but she is a bit preoccupied with school. It is fun to see her get into summer mode. I am happy for her, she works very hard and aside from all my remarks on how many "vacation days" teachers get, I am very proud of her. Now she has the energy to mow the lawn, put up shelves in the basement, finish the bathroom downstairs. ( I had to throw that in there, I didn't want you to think I was getting all soft & stuff). Summer is sweet, spend it with your summer loved ones. Out, Craig

3 comments:

Brenda said...

I, too, love every season of Jeanne...I hope I get to see summer Jeanne often!

Bradi said...

Me Too!!
By the Way Craig...it's fun to have a "Male Blogger" in the circuit!!!
You're a great poster!

Marc said...

Jeanne mows the lawn?!? Wow. We need to talk. She's further along than Dawn. If you can get her to mow the lawn, I need to know your secret.