Friday, February 11, 2011

It's been awhile




So, to those of you who have been checking our blog in anticipation of the next amazing post, well... here it is! We have gone from our last new years post, to having a second kid, starting to finish our basement, trying to sell our camper(any takers?), to having an amazing child live with us while we hope to finalize her adoption into our family. I had the chance to go to Haiti recently to help with some plumbing at the orphanage where our child was from. It was hard being away from my wife and kids for 9 days, but with the blessing of my wonderful wife, and a group of family and friends willing to help out, I had an amazing time. No time for leisure, but a time of realizing how truly blessed we are! God is sooooo good! If you have ever been to a 3rd world county, you know what I mean. There is such a feeling of where do you start? How can you get through the day? Where is my next meal coming from? Thank God there are people that have a genetic make up different than mine willing to tackle some of these questions. If you look at the big picture it would bowl you over, but as we tell our Keke when she eats, "you need to take small bites". That is what you need to do take "small bites". You don't have to solve the world's problems all at once, just be willing to help. If you take enough small bites, you will get full. That sounds a bit lame or like it came from one of those Anthony Robbins motivational speeches, but I think it's true. Not that you yourself get full, but that if enough people do just some small part in helping those in need, it goes a long way. You don't have to travel but just down the road to help. Maybe I wax to like, rah rah help guy, but I wanted to shoot a new post, and this is what started coming out.
Anyway, my trip to Haiti was sweet. The work was hard but good. The food was great, and the weather, well, 90 and sunny. Sorry, had to say it. I saw my first U N helicopter, U N soldiers, and the U N dude on the truck with the machine gun stand in the bed of the truck. We were safe. No riots or anything. Although the blizzard of '11 messed up other people's travel plans, mine remained on schedule, and I got home safely and on time. That was due to the tons of prayers lifted up so I could get home to my wife and kids. Thank you all!
So, I hope that after this update you all aren't hoping that I won't update for another year or so. Sorry for the lack of updating. I hope to keep you all in the loop every 6 t o 8 months or so. Enjoy the snow. Craig

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great post Craig!
Welcome home.
the O's

Unknown said...

Your article is very worthwhile and I deal with photography and is very beautiful. Greetings from beautiful Greece