Monday, July 7, 2008

Girls Breakfast





Enjoyed catching up with some girl friends this past Saturday at our monthly "Girls Breakfast". If you haven't yet attended and are interested, let me know! I'm including my recipe for Breakfast Strata in today's post....by popular demand :)! Enjoy!!

Breakfast Strata (thanks to my friend Valerie!!)

2 lbs. breakfast sausage rolls (1 hot, 1 mild)
1 pkg. (5 1/2 0z) herb seasoned croutons
2 c shredded sharp cheddar cheese
2 c shredded pepper jack cheese
1/2 c mined onion
8 eggs, beaten
2 c 1/2-n- 1/2 cream
3/4 c milk
1 1/2 tsp try mustard
salt & pepper to taste
garnish dish with chopped red and green peppers

1. Cook sausage in large skillet until browned. Drain, crumble, set aside.
2. Spread croutons on bottom of lightly greased 9 x 13 baking dish
3. Cover croutons with cheeses
4. Sprinkle cooked sausage and minced onion over cheeses
5. In large bowl, beat together eggs, cream, milk, mustard, salt, pepper
6. Pour mixture evenly over sausage
7. Cover and refrigerate for at least 8 hours
8. Bake at 350 for 45-60 min.
9. Let stand 20 minutes before serving

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Thank you so much for the recipe. I'm going to try it out at our family reunion next week! :) Suzanne

Bradi said...

So bummed I missed the breakfast! =( looks like you had a great time!

The Brogger's said...

Thanks for the recipe... it was great to see everyone!

Anonymous said...

I was so enjoying your blog, thinking about how you guys should have like a thousand kids if the rest would be anything like Katelyn (IS SHE REAL?!!!)... and then my scary face ruined it all. Who do I have to thank - C-note, or Jeanne?

PS Super yum food that day.