Saturday, October 6, 2007

T-Minus....



The time is quickly approaching. My lovely daughter will be here soon! It is crazy to think that in a couple of weeks, or when the Lord decides, our baby girl will be here. Some of you that know me might feel a bit nervous for her, being that I will have quite an influence on what she thinks, and who she will be loyal to. I know that she will be fine since her mom, Jeanne, can offset any "bad" ideas I might put in her head. I do know one thing, and brace yourselves, she will be a Michigan fan, and love the soon to be World Champion New York Yankees! I will give those of you, who fell over with these revelations, a second to compose yourself....... Alright, now to serious stuff. This Wed., Jeanne and baby girl are going to the hospital to see if Sweetness can be turned in preparation for coming into the world. There is a chance that baby might come that day if the doctors see any change in lovely's hart rate, or stress to her. J and I want her here, but not if it isn't the right time. Plus we don't have our mini-van yet. I thought that when you have a kid, the hospital just gives you one when you leave. I have found in my revealing that I will be a dad soon, that some people will say, "that your life won't be the same", followed by a funny smirk. I have been groomed by God for this time in my life, and I can't wait!! I know my/our life will change in ways I don't even know, but I welcome it. The Harley might be getting some more dust on it, but I will trade that for anything to have some sweet time with my daughter watching the Yankees charge onto the field after winning the World Series. Boom goes the dynamite!!! See you soon baby girl, your mom and I love you!

3 comments:

Bradi said...

Craig~
Contrary to popular belief (or hope),
you do not receive a minivan upon delivery, nor do they hand you an "operating manual" when you check out.
Babies come with little to no instructions; but, you figured out how to make her, you'll figure out how to raise her! =)
We're praying for you this Wednesday!

Marc said...

hey man, how's October workin' out for ya?

It's really too bad that you jumped on the Yankee bandwagon just in time for them to acquire a curse of their own. You might consider changing your evil ways and coming home to root for the Tigers. But if you want to stick with the team of the (last) century, well, go ahead.

I do, however, object to your inflicting that particular degenerate view on your innocent daughter. As your friend, I will do all I can to counteract that particular evil.

Anonymous said...

we can't WAIT to see you guys as parents... you will be FANTASTIC! praying for a blessed delivery and an excellent adventure for the rest of your lives! gwen can't wait for you to finally add to the girl numbers around here!
love jen osterink